Where do you start the learning?
A lot of people ask me, how to begin learning Japanese. I will try to show you where and how to start learning this language.
If you decide to learn from my site, it will be best to proceed with this instuctions:
- go to the first lesson and get to know the Hiragana - learn to recognize the characters (don't worry if the learning of the alphabet will take up a lot of your time. The best way is to learn few characters each day)
- don't start with Katakana first, it will be best if you go to the next lesson and practice Hiragana (in the beginning lessons, there is only a little of Katakana, at this moment you can only look ^^
- if you go to lesson 3-5 (Beginner’s Course), start to learn Katakana - why now? - it's because you could get it confused with Hiragana : )
- Kanji characters leave for later...learn them successfully- never all of them at once, because you will loose all information learned after one week (in each lesson, there are few Kanji introduced)
- do not skip the lesson - study it in the order given on the site !!! (*Beginner’s Course)
- listen carefully to each mp3 recording, which you will find in texts - try to repeat the text outloud
- after each lesson, there are exercises that check your knowledge. This will help you estimate, how well you have studied materials to each lesson
- remember that you will have to be systematic and persistent
I wish you good luck and a lot of pleasant moment with Japanese language.